Richard E. Torkelson, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Richard E. Torkelson, MDRequest An
Dr. Richard Torkelson treats patients within all areas of orthopaedic surgery, with the exception of spinal disorders.
Dr. Torkelson was born and raised in Lusk, Wyoming. After obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of Wyoming, he entered medical school at the University of Colorado in 1967. He completed his internship at San Bernardino County Hospital in California in 1972, and returned to Colorado for his orthopaedic residency program at the University of Colorado Medical Center. He graduated in 1976.
In 1977, Dr. Torkelson began his orthopaedic surgery practice in Cheyenne, Wyoming. He has served as Chief of Staff and Chairman of the Department of Surgery at DePaul Hospital, as well as serving on the Board of Directors. He has also served on the Board of Trustees at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Torkelson and his wife Dorothy have a son, a daughter, and six grandchildren. Outside of orthopaedic surgery, his hobbies include raising Arabian horses. He is also involved with the Young Men's Literary Club, and is an avid fan of the Denver Broncos.
- Medical Degree: University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- Internship: San Bernardino County Hospital, San Bernardino, California
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Colorado Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- Wyoming Medical Society
- Laramie County Medical Society
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Cheyenne Surgical Center LLC (dba High Plains Surgery Center)